Finally, it’s the weekend again so we can relax our body and brain cells from the week’s jobs.
For this weekend coffee treat, we have something healthy and sweet for you to enjoy this weekend.
- 1/4 cup (45 g; 3 large or 5 small) dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup (20 g) rolled oats
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp instant espresso or instant coffee granules*
1. Place all the ingredients into the bowl of a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This smoothie can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for extra thickness and creaminess!
2. For the chocolate “coating,” I just mixed a little bit of unsweetened cocoa powder with maple syrup until I got the consistency I wanted (maybe 1/2 tsp cocoa with 1 tsp syrup?). Drizzle that on top of the smoothie, and then sprinkle on some crunchies (cereal, bits of a cookie or candy bar, etc.).
* If you don’t have instant coffee, use 1/2 cup (120 ml) of strong brewed coffee with 1/4 cup (60 ml) of almond milk.