With the weather is getting warmer refreshments are on the trend right now that is why for our coffee weekend end treat we will have something that you can enjoy with your entire family.
- 2 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 and 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To start making the ice cream first, we need to create the base its start with the custard using whole milk, sugar, salt, and instant coffee granules.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, and cook into a medium heat until it begins to steam, but be careful not to boil or, the milk will thickens. Then as soon as it starts to steam reduce the heat level to low.
- Next is adding the eggs. You can’t just drop the eggs straight to the hot milk or else they will scramble. Instead, whisk the eggs slowly while adding the half of the milk gradually. Then you can pour the eggs into the pot with the remaining milk.
- To finish the base cook the custard over medium heat for three to five minutes until it thickens. Be sure to stir it occasionally, so the bottom doesn’t scorch.
- Strain the custard through a fine-mesh sieve set over a medium bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap, allowing it to touch the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate until cold.
- When ready to make the ice cream, whisk the cream and vanilla into the custard until smooth. Churn in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Enjoy right away or transfer to a freezer-safe container. The ice cream will keep for up to 2 weeks.