Almost 50% of the American population , equivalent to 150 million Americans drink espresso, cappuccino, latte and ice cold coffee. Drinking everyday coffee has become part of our everyday life whether we are at home, in our offices, or just meeting with friends we drink coffee anytime and anywhere. But there are people who do not drink coffee for the reason of caffeine content of the coffee.
Non-coffee drinkers say drinking coffee causes harmful effects to our health like insomnia, nervousness, restlessness, stomach irritation, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, and respiration. This is due to abusive caffeine intake or too much coffee drinking. But did you know that drinking coffee properly can give your body not just energy booster but a whole lot of health benefits when we drink moderately?
Some studies say that 4 to 5 cups a day of coffee is good for the health and higher than that causes a risk already. But for my own opinion, I should say 3 cups of coffee a day is very good enough for a good balance diet.
So what is caffeine? “Caffeine is a psychoactive (mind-altering) drug that affects how we think and feel. It is a stimulant that speeds up our breathing, heart rate, thoughts, and actions.” By the definition seems like caffeine is very dangerous to our health but did you know that we can get caffeine not just in coffee but into everything we eat and drink? Caffeine is not dangerous especially when we take it properly. Here’s a list of the Importance of caffeine to our body:
- Did you know that when caffeine is mixed with carbs it recharges the muscles glycogen and works faster after exercise?
- Caffeine can prevent liver and colon cancer, it detoxes the liver and cleans the colon when taken as caffeine enema – this is a process of injecting a coffee to the anus to cleanse the rectum and large intestines.
- Caffeine promotes hair growth by restoring hair follicles or dead hair cells on thinning hair for men and women.
- Caffeine can be a muscle relaxant it can relieve post-workout pain up to 48%.
- Some study shows that caffeine intake can prevent Parkinson’s disease. Research shows that coffee drinkers have a lesser risk of developing Parkinson’s disease and has a stronger immune system to reduce the risk of developing genetically hereditary diseases.
- Did you know that caffeine from coffee serves as a shield against eye spasm?
- Caffeine is a great source of energy, it can pump you up, make you more alive, and energize throughout the day.
- Caffeine can improve our brain, whenever we have a lot of paper works or home works drink a cup of coffee, this improves the reaction time and your logical reasoning.
There are also health consequences when we take too much caffeine, that is why when you are a coffee drinker, keep in mind to drink moderately. You can also get other caffeine sources from cola, chocolates, energy shots and more, For healthy caffeine intake per day, adults should limit themselves to 400 milligrams of caffeine a day and for adolescents not more than 100mg of caffeine per day.