What do you think when you hear the word fall? Aside from pumpkins and more cup of coffee fall is one of the best seasons to start the flavorful holidays. One of the best ways to enjoy fall is turning on the oven and baking our favorite fall desserts! Oh, it is getting sound delicious! For our weekend coffee treat, we want to start satisfying our sweet tooth for fall by baking a mouthful Apple and Walnut Bundt with Caramel Glaze.
We can’t wait to try and bake this delicious Apple and Walnut Bundt with Caramel Glaze by Allrecipes for this weekend coffee treat, so let us start baking!
Apple and Walnut Bundt with Caramel Glaze Recipe
Recipe by: DaniBanani via Allrecipes
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, vanilla, and eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the apples and walnuts using a spoon. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the crown or the cake, comes out clean. Allow cooling for about 20 minutes then invert on to a wire rack.
- Make the glaze by heating the butter, milk and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then remove from the heat. Drizzle over the warm cake. I like to place a sheet of aluminum foil under the cooling rack to catch the drips for easy cleanup.
This Apple and Walnut Bundt with Caramel Glaze only takes 30 minutes to prepare, and 1 hour 20 minutes to cook, overall it only needs 2 hours until it is ready to serve, and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Recipe and the picture credits are rightfully credited to Allrecipes and its Author.