Welcome to our #12daysofChristmascoffee2018 by Lovers.coffee
Oh boy! tick tock, tick tock the time is running, and we are already on our 7th recipe of the 12 days of Christmas coffee, we hope you are enjoying all the Christmas coffee recipes we are sharing, and thank you to the amazing creators of the recipes we shared because they are all delicious and we are all enjoying them.
For our day seven of the Christmas coffee recipe, we will be making a Chimichanga which is a well-known cuisine in Tex Mex, in the Southwestern region of the United States. The dish is a deep-fried burrito typically prepared by filling a flour tortilla with a wide range of ingredients such as rice, cheese, beans, and meat stuffings. But we are not going to make the traditional Chimichanga, but instead, we will be making a Chimichanga dessert stuffed with banana, with coffee-cream sauce.
This Banana-Filled Chimichangas In Coffee Cream Sauce is an ideal dessert for most occasions, and it’s super easy to make.
So grab on your utensils coffee lovers and let’s start making this delicious dessert.
Banana-Filled Chimichangas In Coffee Cream Sauce Recipe
Recipe by: El mejor nido
Total Serving: 9
For the Coffee Cream Sauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chimichanga
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) sliced bananas
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 9 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
Making the Coffee Cream Sauce
- Beat egg yolk in small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, water, coffee granules and cornstarch in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is hot.
- Gradually stir about 1 cup hot mixture into beaten egg yolk.
- Stir egg mixture back into mixture in saucepan. Cook until sauce comes to a full boil and thickens.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine bananas, nuts and 3/4 cup Coffee Cream Sauce in medium bowl.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each tortilla.
- Fold bottom sides up and roll up. Secure with wooden picks.
- Pour oil into large skillet to about 1-inch depth.
- Heat over medium heat. Fry 2 to 3 chimichangas at a time, turning frequently, for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Remove wooden picks.
- Serve warm with remaining Coffee Cream Sauce.
Recipe Credits to: El mejor nido
Don't miss our 12 Days of Christmas Coffee, and follow us on FACEBOOK for updates.