Welcome to our #12daysofChristmascoffee2018 by Lovers.coffee
Oh my, we are now getting closer to Christmas, so we should start planning our Christmas feast and desserts. We are already up to our 6th recipe to our 12 days of Christmas coffee, and if you follow us, and check our Christmas coffee recipes, this will save you a lot of time in thinking of what to prepare this holidays.
For our 6th day of 12 days of Christmas coffee, we will be making a Boozy Orange Mocha.
This coffee is perfect for a late night holiday treat for yourself, or you can have it on your coffee party with your friends.
Well, some coffee has notes of orange that is why having an orange infusion to our holiday coffee drinks is not ghastly, in fact, it will enhance the notes of orange, and will give a refreshing taste. Hence, this is a boozy holiday coffee treat adding vodka to your coffee will bring out a different character to your drink.
Grab ow your gears coffee lovers and let’s make coffee!
Boozy Orange Mocha Recipe
Recipe by: Lauren of Hunger Thirst Play
- 4 cups coffee
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 oranges, peels’ only¹
- 1 1/4 cup Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate (or your choice of vodka will do)
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine the coffee and sweetened condensed milk.
- Whisk in cocoa powder in batches to avoid clumps. Whisk thoroughly to corporate.
- Add orange peels and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka.
- Strain to remove orange peels and serve in your favorite holiday mug!
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Orange Zest or Peel
- Your favorite Christmas Cookie
Recipe Credits to: Hunger Thirst Play
What to pair with this coffee cocktail drink?
Cheese is always good food pairings to cocktails, and for this boozy orange mocha, cheddar or gruyere is an ideal food to pair. The saltiness and earthy slightly smokey qualities of the aged cheese will be a nice contrast to your boozy coffee drink.
Don't miss our 12 Days of Christmas Coffee, and follow us on FACEBOOK for updates.