Coffee is not always from bean to cup, but you can also make from bean to cookie. So for this weekend coffee treat, we will have something different from the usual coffee drinks recipe, and we will make a cookie that is a perfect pair for your coffee.
Let’s Start Baking!
Café Coffee Cookies
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules or instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 bag (11.5 or 12 oz) semisweet chocolate chunks (2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules or instant espresso coffee (dry)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F, in a large bowl, beat granulated and brown sugars, butter, and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with a spoon, until creamy. Stir in flour.,1 tablespoon coffee granules, the baking soda, and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set. Cool 4 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve 1/2 teaspoon coffee granules in water. Stir in powdered sugar until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle cooled cookies with Coffee Drizzle.
This tasty coffee cookie recipe is adapted to bettycrocker.com. Enjoy baking coffee lovers as much as you enjoy your cuppa java!