Rum and coffee is a perfect blend for a pick-me-up, and to keep us warm during the winter season. These two ingredients work like magic when the two mix with each other, and these two combos are always one of the favorites by many during the brutal winter season.
Because we are feeling cold right now here in the western hemisphere, we are down in making a hot cup of boozy beverage. So we are going to make a Carribean Coffee blend that is perfect for an afternoon coffee or late night coffee to keep you warm this winter.
But before we start creating this Caribbean coffee blend let’s take a look first its origin. When we say the Caribbean, we have this picture in mind the beautiful beaches, sunny weather, exquisite Caribbean rum, and their single origin coffee beans. That is why this Caribbean Coffee Rum will give us the feeling of Caribbean vibe during this cold weather season.
So grab on your gears coffee lovers and let’s start making this magical coffee.
Caribbean Coffee Recipe
- Hot coffee or espresso
- 1-ounce Rum
- 2 tsp Sugar (optional)
- Double or heavy Whipping cream
- To prepare the mixture, pour 1 ounce of rum into a glass, and half an ounce of amaretto liqueur for added booze.
- Then pour in eight ounces of hot brewed coffee, or you can use espresso if you want a stronger taste of coffee.
- If you prefer a sweet version of this Caribbean coffee which we prefer too, you can add two tsp of sugar for a bit of sweetness.
- Finally, for the finishing touches pour on slowly the heavy cream on top of the mixture.
- Serve and enjoy the coffee drink.