Welcome to our #12daysofChristmascoffee2018 by Lovers.coffee
The days move so fast, do you already accomplish your Christmas shopping list? We know you are busy preparing everything to be on time for Christmas especially your gifts, but of course, this won’t stop us by making delicious treats for the holidays.
So it’s our fourth recipe for the 12 days of Christmas coffee, and for today we will have something chocolaty and dreamy. Well, you might be thinking chocolate cake are all the same, but this recipe will change your perception and will make you fall in love and dream of chocolate cake even when you are not a chocolate lover.
We will be making a Chocolate Dream Cake, that made a buzz on the internet because of its addictive taste that you don’t want to stop in every bite. This chocolate dream cake is usually served in a tin can, but inside the can are pack with four layers of chocolate. At the very bottom is a subtly flavored milk chocolate cake. It’s covered with a creamy milk chocolate pudding which is then covered with a silky and gooey dark chocolate ganache. And on top is dusted with cocoa powder. That’s a lot of chocolate in every spoonful you’ll need to get at the cake.
Hence this chocolate dream cake is sponge inside of a can you can also gift it or bring as a potluck when attending to a party in someone’s house.
Rest assured that everybody will be dreaming on this chocolate dream cake ones they taste it, because who doesn’t like chocolate on holidays?
So let’s start making this Chocolate Dream Cake Recipe.
This cake takes 50 mins to make including its cooling. Inside of the tin can is layered with 2 to 6 inches cakes.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, more for greasing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
For the chocolate pudding:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup fresh milk
For chocolate ganache:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
How To Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 6-inch can. Set aside.
- Make the cake: Cream butter and sugar until light using a whisk. Whisk in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Add half the mixture to the egg mixture. Fold in with a spatula until mixed in. Pour in milk, and stir to mix. Dump remaining flour mixture into batter; mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared can. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the middle of the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Place the lid of the can over the cake 10 minutes before it’s done to ensure the bottom is cooked through. Remove from oven, place on a cooling rack, and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make pudding: In a saucepan, whisk cornstarch, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and milk. Place over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring until mixture thickens. Remove from heat, and pour over chocolate cake. Spread to cover if needed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, make chocolate ganache: heat cream and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on High for 20-seconds or until hot. Add butter then stir to melt the chocolate completely. Let cool for 1 minute before pouring over the chocolate pudding-covered cake. Let cool completely; chill until ready to serve. Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving cold with spoons.
Recipe Credits to Yummy.ph
What coffee goes best with chocolate cake?
Espresso goes best with a chocolate cake because the unique flavor of chocolate perfectly paired with the nutty notes of coffee.
Don't miss our 12 Days of Christmas Coffee, and follow us on FACEBOOK for updates.