What is your favorite bread or pastries to pair up with your coffee?
Almost all pastries can perfectly pair with coffee, but we say that cinnamon rolls are one of the best among them all.
Cinnamon rolls are a sweet roll of bread that is popular in Northern Europe, North America, and Denmark, which the bread is known as “Kanelsnegl.” Cinnamon rolls nowadays are widely popularized worldwide and served to all coffee shops. This pastry is a favorite among coffee lovers to pair with their coffee because of its robust and sweet flavor that perfectly complements a brewed coffee or a cappuccino.
For our weekend coffee treat this week we will be making a Coffee Lovers: Coffee Cinnamon Roll that will be perfect for a family get together on a Sunday afternoon.
Coffee Lovers: Coffee Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 1 cup warm milk (lukewarm, not hot)
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 and 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 and 1/4 tsp dry active yeast (or 1 envelope)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 white sugar
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 6-7 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/8 tsp Salt
For the Rolls:
- Heat the milk. Sprinkle the yeast over the milk and let sit for a minute, until its all moist.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook, add the milk, yeast, eggs, butter, flour, salt, and sugar.
- Mix until a ball of dough forms. Continue to knead for another 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and let rise until doubled in size.
- After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, and cinnamon. Melt the butter.
- Roll dough into a 16×21-inch rectangle. Brush the dough with the butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up the dough and cut into 12 pieces.
- Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake rolls until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- While rolls are baking, make the glaze. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- The glaze should be thick, but pour-able. Adjust to taste as needed.
- Generously drizzle glaze on warm rolls.
- Make sure you completely cover the tops and sides.
- The buns will absorb some of the glazes as they sit and cool.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This cinnamon roll recipe is credited to Cafe Britt.