Hello, weekend! How was your Halloween celebration, did you and your kids have fun in the Halloween trick-or-treat? Did you satisfy your sugar rush cravings with lots of candies and chocolates during the trick-or-treat? And what are your favorite Halloween cakes co far?
We know you had so much fun as we did, and it seems like we are overly hyped by the sweets we had over Halloween. So for our weekend coffee treat, let’s tone down a bit the sweetness and have something simple this weekend so we will be making a Coffee Masala or Spiced Coffee.
Coffee Masala is a comforting hot beverage that is ideal for the cold weather and perfect drink for this weekend.
MASALA COFFEE RECIPE
Recipe by: Shuk22 via Allrecipes
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cumin seeds, or to taste (optional to add or not)
- 1 whole star anise pod
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (optional, depending on how sweet you like)
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil, and stir in the cumin seeds, star anise pod, and cinnamon stick; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the instant coffee, and allow the drink to simmer gently for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the drink into mugs, straining out the spices, and stir 1 teaspoon of nonfat dry milk powder and 1 teaspoon of white sugar into each mug.
Recipe and the picture credits are rightfully credited to Allrecipes and its Author.