Unless you had some kind of traumatic experience with cheese as a child, it will be hard to truly dislike the amazing and comforting taste of cheesecake. Even if you’re lactose intolerant or have other allergies, you can swap out for your favorite alternative and still enjoy a tasty treat.
Now when it comes to bananas, it’s definitely one of those fruits that people tend to forget tastes amazing in any form and for any occasion. What’s perfect is that you can take those ripening ones off your microwave and they’ll be perfect for this cheesecake instead of the organics bin.
It’s a warm, sunny day where I am today – finally a sign of Spring. So I think it’s time to introduce one of my favorite recipes from Delish. Enjoy!
PREP TIME:0 HOURS 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME:6 HOURS 30 MINS
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 (3.4-oz.) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 c. whole milk
1 prepared graham cracker crust
3 bananas, sliced, plus more slices for garnish
30 Nilla Wafers
Whipped topping, for garnish
Crushed Nilla Wafers, for garnish
- Make cheesecake filling: In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy and no clumps remain.
- Add sugar and beat until combined. Add heavy cream and vanilla and beat until medium-stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk. Let pudding stand for 3 minutes in the fridge until thickened. Fold into cheesecake mixture until combined.
- Pour half the filling into graham cracker crust. Add a single layer of sliced bananas and Nilla Wafers (20 total), then pour over remaining cheesecake mixture and smooth top.
- Refrigerate until cheesecake is firm, at least 6 hours and up to overnight. (If the cheesecake stills feels too soft to slice, transfer to the freezer for up to 1 hour.)
- Before serving, top with dollops of whipped topping around the border of the cheesecake. Top each dollop with a banana slice and Nilla wafer, then garnish the whole cheesecake with crushed Nilla Wafers.