Every Sunday afternoon we always go to my mother’s house to have a chit-chat and stuff our tummies with her wonderful meals. So, last Sunday my brother decided to make a cold brew coffee for our beverage, and Oh boy! The drink is not just amazing but it was superbly refreshing. I can still imagine the taste, the coldness and the perfect sweetness and bitterness of the cold brew coffee that my brother made.
So. Get your pen and paper, or just saved this blog for the ingredients and let’s get started!
Things you need:
Ground coffee beans
Fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth or dish towel
Jar to put all mixtures
1 and 1/3 cups of ground coffee beans
4 cups of cold water
Sugar for sweetener
Jar or pitcher about 1 Liter in size
Fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth (anything that can strain your coffee grounds)
How to do it
- Place the coffee grounds in your jar and pour the fresh water over top.
- Add 3 tablespoon of sugar (you can add more or less depending on liking)
- Thoroughly stir to properly mixed all the ingredients.
- Cover your jar and let it sit for eight hours or overnight to fridge
- After 8 hours pour your mixture into your jar under a strainer or cheese cloth
- Repeat straining to get a finer and smoother texture.
- Finally! You can now serve this with your family and friends. 8 cups of cold brew coffee will make about 8 cups of serving. Best result when creamer and ice cubes are added.
So, that’s it a homemade style of cold brew coffee without a coffee machine. This is a perfect iced cold coffee drink to beat the summer heat.