What’s the reason behind you bought a coffee machine and a coffee grinder? Is it because the advertisement, or because a friend says she makes an amazing everyday cup of coffee ? Well, whatever your reasons you better not just make those investments sit and stock up and be a display to your counter top but start using them today!
Many of us got so excited and amaze on the advertisement we see on TV, that we often end up buying those things without even planning to use it, and that is a waste of money! Just like the coffee machined and coffee grinders that we buy, we invest but we don’t use it, instead, we go out and buy our cup of coffee to Starbucks. This is a perfect example of wasting money!
Instead of spending so much money on Starbucks,(which you just did already, and made Starbucks even richer!) why not make your own inspired Starbucks coffee at home and use your coffee machines so that your wallet won’t be complaining to you anymore.
But before we get down to business on creating your own Starbucks coffee let me tell you the disadvantages of buying your coffee to the high street market.
I bet most of the time when you go to Starbucks you spend more time waiting in line before you get your turn to order coffee. Am I correct or correct?
You already have ones or many time getting your name misspell and end up getting the wrong cup of coffee.
You just lost your way and turn a hundred times by just looking for the counter of cream and sugar.
Sometimes the size you ordered is not what you expected.
These are just my few examples and which I also encounter at Starbucks. So now because you already have coffee machines at your home (that you don’t use) let’s get down to business and take the first step, by brushing off the dust to those machines and let’s make a DIY Starbucks drink at home. Second forget the cutie barista because they’re not magicians of coffee, you can easily perfect your favorite Starbucks coffee at home with less cost and lesser calorie.
Okay here are the Starbucks variations that you can do at home
You can save $4 here when you do your own caramel macchiato at home.All you need is to pick up some caramel and whip cream to the supermarket and we are ready to roll! Well, the other ingredients I am hoping you already have it at hope, but if not you better pick them as well to the grocery store.
- 6 ounces coffee (brewed)
- 6 ounces milk (steamed)
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar (to taste) or 1-2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute (to taste)
- 3 teaspoons caramel syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon artificial vanilla flavoring
- whipped cream
- caramel syrup drizzled
- Make a strong brew of coffee, a 3 heaping tablespoon of ground coffee to 6 cups of fresh water.
- Before pouring the coffee grinds to the water, add already the vanilla extract so that it will infuse while brewing.
- After the coffee is done brewing, prepare your milk + place it to a large cup + microwave till its hot.
- Get a tall glass and start mixing the coffee, milk and caramel syrup – don’t forget to stir them well.
- If the sweetness of the caramel is not enough, you can add a bit of sugar until you get your desired sweetness.
- Lastly for the most exciting part, it’s now time to top it off with a whip cream and drizzle the caramel.
Chai Tea latte
For the syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 box Tazo Chai tea bags
For latte each cup needs
- 1 cup of milk (any choice you want)
- Ground cinnamon for extra flavoring (optional)
- Syrup Direction
- Bring the 4 cups of water just up to boil then steep the tea bags in water for 10 minutes.
- When you removed the teabags let them dry completely before adding the sugar.
Simmer the mixture over a medium-high heat and afterward reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer the mixture 15 to 20 minutes until it reduces to half , and stir every 2 to 3 minutes.
- After shimmering, put the syrup in an airtight container, before putting the containers lid let it cool down until it is room temperature.
Store the syrup in the fridge up to 10 days.
- Pour 6 tablespoon of the syrup into a large mug (you might want to microwave first the syrup for a few second to take the chill off).
- Heat the cup of milk in a saucepan just until bubbles starts to form along the edges.
- Pour carefully into the blender and blend low for 30sec, carefully pulse the blender to lightly aerate the milk.
- After blending the milk let it sit for about 30 to 45 seconds to let the milk and foam separate.
- Now you are ready to pour the milk and the syrup into the mug top with foam and cinnamon for finishing touches.
The art of making a perfect chocolatey drinks have already perfected by Starbucks, they are very tempting especially for the Holidays, But seriously we should stop buying and start making them at home.
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate bits
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of coffee
- dash of sugar or other sweeteners (optional)
- Out the chocolate and milk on a microwavable container, and microwave them for two minutes.
- Stir them together until the chocolate melts.
- Brew a strong cup of coffee.
- Mix the chocolate mixture into the coffee and slowing adding chocolate until you are satisfied with the taste and consistency.
- Lastly, you can add a dash of sugar for much sweeter taste.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
A drink that can warm your soul! This is a special seasonal item in Starbucks, they only serve this during the holidays. But you better thank me because I am sharing the secret recipe, for you to enjoy Cinnamon Dolce Latte all year round, that you can do at your kitchen even it’s not a Holiday. In just 5 minutes you can have a frothy milk heaven. The secret to this drink is the Cinnamon, and this flavor never goes out of season, and will always be available to every kitchen at home.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 2 tablespoon cream or 1/2 cup milk
Making the cinnamon syrup
- Combine the cinnamon and water in a small saucepan.
- Make it sure to use a very low heat for 5 minutes and whisking it often.
- Removed from heat and prepare a glass jar to pour the cinnamon syrup and store sealed in the refrigerator.
In making the latte, combine 1 tablespoon of cinnamon syrup and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup. Put all the remaining ingredients and you can add more maple syrup of you want it sweeter.
Light Coffee Frappuccino
Frappuccino is an iconic drink from Starbucks, and these drinks are selling like hot cakes in all season. There is no need to wait in the just to get your favorite frappe because you now do this at home following the simple steps.
Well, the magic in making a Starbucks iconic drink is the blender, coffee,milk, ice and cream then you can now whip off your frappuccino at home,plus you can save more money and calories too.
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (regular or decaf)
- 2 tablespoons fat-free vanilla flavored coffee creamer, powdered
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 8-10 ice cubes
This is the easiest Starbucks drink that you can do at home, all you need is to blend altogether the ingredients until it smooth and wallah! You now have a Starbucks Frappuccino at home. You can add sweetener by dashing if of a sugar.
I hope you learn something new and start making your own cup of Starbucks coffee at home. Practice this simple steps and I assure you that you can save more.