This weekend my mind is debating between pumpkin pie vs. maple pecan pie, but hence I always get my pumpkin spice latte, and my body is almost overloaded of the taste of pumpkin so for this weekend coffee treat I decided to make a maple pecan pie featuring the recipe from the Taste of Home.
I can’t wait to start making and taste this delicious weekend treat!
Maple Pecan Pie Recipe
Author: Mildred Wescom via Taste of Home
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Roll out dough to fit a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate. Trim to 1-inch beyond the edge of plate; flute edges.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup, butter, vanilla, salt, and pecans. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. If desired, top with whipped cream to serve. Store in the refrigerator.
This Maple Pecan Pie is easy and worth it to make, it only takes 10 minutes to prepare, and 40 minutes to bake, overall it only needs 2 hours until it is ready to serve, and enjoy with a cup of coffee.
Recipe credits are rightfully credited to Taste of Home and its Author.