Thank God it’s the weekend! We can finally rest from our workloads, relax and spend our time with our family and friends. So for this weekend coffee treat, we will have something to satisfy our sweet tooth by making a No-bake Raspberry Chocolate Cake.
This Chocolate Raspberry No-Bake Cake is an easy icebox cake made with just six ingredients! You can make this cake with the family your kids will surely have fun making it. Call out the gangs and let’s start baking!
- 3 cups heavy cream or whipping cream
- 3 oz powdered sugar (3/4 cup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 oz chocolate wafer cookies (2 boxes Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 36 oz fresh raspberries (can substitute other berries or mixed berries)
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- Combine the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whip until medium peaks form and the cream is the texture of shaving cream.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream on the bottom of your serving platter, in about an 8-inch circle. Arrange a layer of chocolate wafer cookies on top of the cream in a circle, overlapping them slightly to get them to fit (some blank spaces are okay too!). Approximately you need 15 cookies per layer: 10 cookies in the outer circle, 4 cookies in the inner circle, and a cookie in the middle, but your exact numbers will depend on the size of your serving platter.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on top of the cookies, around ¼-inch thick. You can go all the way to the edge, or leave about ½-inch uncovered at the edge if you want the cookies to poke out. Press fresh berries into the whipped cream—if they’re large, cut them in half lengthwise so they don’t poke up too much. Spread another thin layer of whipped cream on top of the berries, just to make the surface smooth for the next layer of cookies.
- Repeat with a second layer of cookies, and top with more cream and berries. Continue until you’ve used up all the cookies. Top with the remaining whipped cream. Cover the cake loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, to let the cookies absorb the moisture and soften—longer refrigeration is okay, too.
- When the cookies are soft, top the cake with fresh raspberries, chocolate curls, and a light dusting of powdered sugar, if desired. Slice and serve!
The ingredients and instructions are an adaptation from Sugarhero, More info about this No-bake Raspberry Chocolate Cake visit here.