The weekend is here coffee lovers, and we are up with something sweet and easy to prepare for our weekend coffee treat. We will make a classic mousse flavored espresso with a dash of chocolate chips inspired by the recipe of Ristorante Dattilo in Calabria.
- 2 cups store-bought ricotta
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. instant espresso
- 1 tbsp. powdered gelatin
- Shaved chocolate
- Purée ricotta in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Whip together heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Bring 1⁄4 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan; remove from heat. Whisk 2 tbsp. of the water with espresso in a small bowl. Whisk remaining water with gelatin in another small bowl until dissolved.
- Stir espresso mixture into ricotta, then gelatin mixture; fold in cream in 3 stages. Chill mixture for 1 hour, then transfers to a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe mixture into 6 sundae glasses; refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Garnish with shaved chocolate.
Enjoy this sweet weekend coffee treat coffee lovers.