Welcome to #12daysofChristmascoffee by Lovers.coffee.
Hi there, coffee lover! We know you are all busy wrapping your Christmas presents to be in time for the big day. Only 6 days to go and it’s already Christmas that is why we bring you this delicious Salted Caramel Mocha a perfect drink while wrapping your presents for your loved ones.
Here’s how to do the Salted Caramel Mocha by 52 Kitchen Adventure
- 1 shot of espresso or 3/4 cup coffee
- 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons caramel sauce (see recipe below)
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder (the hot chocolate kind, not the unsweetened baking kind – I used Archer Farms dark chocolate cocoa and loved it)
- Pinch of sea salt (Starbucks uses a blend of smoked sea salt and turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Extra caramel sauce and sea salt to drizzle/sprinkle on top
With an espresso maker:
Prepare espresso. Place caramel sauce, cocoa powder and sea salt in a mug and pour espresso over them. Froth milk and slowly pour into a mug, stirring to combine everything. Taste and add more caramel, cocoa and/or salt to taste. Top with whipped cream, drizzle caramel sauce, and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
Without an espresso maker:
Prepare coffee. Place caramel sauce, cocoa powder and sea salt in a mug. Pour coffee into a mug, stirring to combine everything. Heat milk in the microwave or on the stove and add to mug, stirring everything to combine. Taste and add more caramel, cocoa and/or salt to taste. Top with whipped cream, caramel sauce and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
Salted Caramel Syrup
Makes enough for around 3-4 salted caramel mocha or hot chocolate beverages
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
In a medium saucepan, cook the sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a spatula (if it becomes lumpy, reduce heat and refrain from stirring). When it turns a deep amber color, add the butter and stir until it is melted. Add the heavy cream and whisk until the caramel is smooth (be careful, it will bubble up when you add the cream). Remove from heat and let cool. Refrigerate extra syrup.
Enjoy this delicious drink and have fun wrapping your Chrismas presents!