If you’ve never enjoyed monkey bread before, your life is about to change. There’s nothing as delicious and decadent as these small morsels of gooey, cinnamon goodness. Imagine tasting a dream and knowing your stomach will thank you for hours afterward! And, of course, if you’re enjoying them with a mug of coffee (black for me) you’re setting your day in the right direction!
FYI – there are no bananas used in the creation of monkey bread, but that doesn’t mean they wouldn’t taste delicious on the side! The great part about monkey bread is you can add any of your favorite ingredients, be it pecans, icing sugar, or bananas.
This recipe calls for McCormick® Good Morning Apple Cinnamon French Toast Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix, however, it isn’t a requirement. Use your own cinnamon or allspice ingredients until coated.
Save yourself some time by prepping the ingredients before you go to bed and leaving them in the fridge – then wake up an hour early and get the slow cooker rearing to go. These yummy bites will be ready by the time the kids (or grandkids) sneak their way downstairs to the smell of happiness!
So here’s my favorite amazing slow cooker Monkey Bread recipe.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 30 mins
Calories: 466 kcal.
- Parchment paper and paper towel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) flaky layers refrigerated biscuits each biscuit cut into 6 pieces
- 1 can (17.5 ounces) flaky Grands cinnamon rolls, (should have 5 rolls), each cinnamon roll cut into 6 pieces
- 1 package McCormick® Good Morning Apple Cinnamon French Toast Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix (Or use your own cinnamon/allspice ingredients).
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar.
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker with a large piece of parchment paper — do not skip the parchment paper! Set aside.
- Melt the butter. Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter and set aside.
- Cut each biscuit (there should be 8 biscuits) into six pieces and separate into individual pieces. Cut each cinnamon roll (there should be 5 cinnamon rolls) into six pieces. Reserve the icing for later.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, add the cut biscuits and the cut cinnamon rolls (the cinnamon rolls will fall apart a bit, that okay!) Top with the McCormick® Good Morning Apple Cinnamon French Toast Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix and white sugar. Seal the bag and shake until the sugar and seasoning mix coats all of the pieces.
- Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared slow cooker. Pour half of the melted butter + brown sugar mixture on top. Top with the remaining biscuit mixture and finally the remaining butter + brown sugar mixture.
- Place 3 sheets of paper towel on top of the slow cooker and add the lid (the lid will hold the paper towels in place).
- Cook, covered, on high for 1-2 hours depending on your slow cooker. Check the biscuits every 30 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through. Replace the paper towels at the 1-hour mark.
- Optional step: Preheat the oven to High Broil and place the slow cooker insert with the monkey bread inside (only do this if your slow cooker insert is oven-safe). Broil, watching carefully, for 2-3 minutes until slightly crisped and golden brown on top. Remove from the oven.
- Drizzle the reserved icing (from the cinnamon rolls) over all of the monkey bread. Serve immediately. (You can also use regular syrup to drizzle over the monkey bread!)
We look forward to hearing how your recipes turned out! Don’t forget to send us pictures of your favorite monkey bread creations, and be sure to check out our Masala Coffee Recipe to go with it.