Hello coffee lovers! How did you celebrate your Christmas? We hope you did enjoy the Holidays with your family and friends, and of course, what are the Christmas presents did you received?
Well, only a few nights of sleep left until the New Years Eve, and what better way to welcome 2019 than a bottle of sparkling champagne, vodka or mixture of cocktail drinks.
One of the best combinations of drinks is the coffee and booze. So here are some of the best coffee cocktail drinks that will perk you up all night long on New Year’s Eve.
Alive and Kicking
Talking about cocktail drinks on New Year’s Eve this caffeinated cocktail will surely make you Alive and Kicking all night long. The combination of infused orange peel, clove, and cassia combines in Orangerie Scotch Whiskey is a refreshing brew of concoctions.
For demerara simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- 4 oz. strong cold-brew coffee
- 4 oz. fernet (preferably Contratto)
- 3 oz. amaro (preferably Barolo Chinato)
- 3 oz. Compass Box Whisky Co. Orangerie or Grand Marnier
- 4 orange twists (for serving)
Demerara simple syrup
- Combine sugar and 1 Tbsp. hot water in a jar, cover, and shake until sugar is dissolved.
- Chill until cold.
- For each cocktail, combine 1 oz. coffee, 1 oz. fernet, ¾ oz. amaro, ¾ oz. Scotch, and ¼ oz. demerara simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Recipe from Bon Appetit
“Coffee after dinner,” is what we want to call this next coffee cocktail recipe. Siciliano is an ideal coffee cocktail for a toast on New Year’s Eve.
- 2 oz. sweet vermouth, preferably Italian
- 1 1/2 oz. amaro (preferably Averna)
- 1 1/2 oz. strong cold-brew coffee
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Club soda
- Orange wheel (for serving)
- Mix vermouth, amaro, coffee, and simple syrup in a tumbler.
- Add ice to fill and top off with club soda.
- Garnish with orange wheel.
Recipe from Bon Appetit
The Winter season had just started, and what better way to stay warm during this season is either drink a hot cup of coffee or drink some Whiskey, but of course, we can always have the best of both drinks in a cup.
- 1 1/2 oz. Anchor Distilling Christmas Spirit
- 1/2 oz. espresso
- 1/4 oz. Tempus Fugit Spirits Crème de Cacao
- 1/4 oz. Tempus Fugit Spirits Crème de Menthe
- 1/2 oz. heavy cream
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Shake well and strain over new ice into rocks glass.
- Garnish with a mini candy cane.
- 2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1/2 oz. cream de cocoa
- 1 oz. Kahlúa
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- Add two ounces of vanilla vodka, half an ounce of creme de cocoa, and one ounce of Kahlúa into a shaker.
- Drop in about 3 ice cubes.
- Close the shaker and shake until the liquid is chilled.
- Pour mixture into a martini glass and top it off with vanilla ice cream.
- Serve with a spoon and enjoy.
Recipe from Brit + Co.
Spanish Coffee Cocktail
Beat the cold weather with this warm bittersweet coffee cocktail that will stay you up on a late winter night.
- sugar for rimming the glass
- water for rimming the glass
- 3/4 oz 151-proof rum
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1 1/2 oz coffee liqueur such as Kahlua or Tia Maria
- 3 oz hot coffee freshly brewed
- lightly whipped cream for garnish
- freshly grated nutmeg for garnish
- Put some sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Put some water in another shallow bowl. Dip the rim of the glass in the water and then into the sugar to make a band of sugar around the rim (both on the inside and outside).
- Add the rum and triple sec to the glass, and light with a match or lighter.
- Hold the glass by the stem at an angle and let the flame heat the sugar around the rim and twirl the glass until the sugar begins to bubble and caramelize.
- Add the coffee liqueur and the coffee. Top with whipped cream and freshly grated nutmeg.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Blossom to Stem
Enjoy the New Year’s Eve with these coffee concoctions that will keep you up all night in welcoming 2019!