There’s only a handful of recipes in the world that can dawn the title of delicate, delicious, and devilishly amazing (I couldn’t find another ‘d’ word here). If you love tiramisu but cringe at the thought of figuring out the tough multi-step recipe, you’re not alone.
This Italian dessert has been been a world favorite – especially with coffee as it’s the perfect little pairing of espresso flavored goodness. I found this recipe which is about a million times easier and only takes 10 minutes to perfect. So if you’re scrambling for something light for dessert tonight or just want something to snack on right now, here’s the world’s quickest tiramisu recipe!
- 1 cup (8floz/225ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8oz/225g) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2 oz/71g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto liquor or brandy or Kahlua or any kind of cream liqueur
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml) espresso or STRONG coffee at room temperature
- 1 pack Ladyfingers (Boudoir biscuits/Savoiardi. Look for eggless if needed)
- Cocoa powder for dusting the top
- Beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Add in mascarpone cheese and amaretto (or even Kahlua if using) and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee (and brandy if using) and place in an 8×8 pan to make the first layer – you can fit about 7 cookies in each layer. Don’t let them soak as the will fall apart, just a quick dunk in the coffee is enough.
- Spread half of the whipped cream mixture on top of the first layer of ladyfingers. Repeat process with the second layer of ladyfingers and cream mixture.
- Dust the top of dessert with cocoa powder using a sieve. Refrigerate for about 2-4 hours (it gets even better in the fridge and is a perfect make-ahead dessert).