What we love about the weekend is we can rest from our office jobs, stay at home, and make time with our family and friends, do cooking or baking, or anything related to food and recipes is one of the enjoyable things to do over the weekend. Aside from the activities, the whole family can join in and help us out in making delightful treats for the weekend.
While browsing the internet to look for easy recipes to recreate and share, my partner had requested to make a “leche flan.” Leche Flan, also known as Crème caramel, is a popular custard dessert in the Asia Pacific. The original Leche flan was composed of eggs, milk, and caramel syrup, however, there are many added variations to the original custard dessert.
Hence, my partner is requesting for a Lechan flan dessert, and I still want my caffeine for the weekend so we will do a custard Coffee Flan dessert,
This dessert is super simple and easy to make, and perfect to those days when you need something quick to execute.
Custard Coffee Flan Recipe
- Mixing Bowl
- Steamer or double boiler will do
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups of condensed milk
- 1 tsp. of ground coffee
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Separate the white and yellow egg yolk. Use only the yellow yolk and set aside the white yolk because you can still use it in the future. In a large bowl or mixing bowl put in the five egg yolks, and whisk it wholly.
- After beating the egg yolk, add one cup of sweetened milk or condensed milk, a half teaspoon of ground coffee ( you can modify this to your liking if you want to have an intense coffee flavor add 1 teaspoon of ground coffee, but if the flavor is too strong adjust to your liking.), add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Using your whisker mix everything until all ingredients are dissolved.
- Next is set aside the mixture then get your molders, and fill in with one tablespoon of sugar, then caramelize the sugar by heating the molder on top of the stove, or you can also caramelize first the sugar in a saucepan before putting in the molder.
- After you made the caramel you can now put in your mixture in the molder, leave a small space in the molder to give some air while boiling.
- After filling in the molders, cover them now with foil.
- Using the double boiler, fill in with water and using the steamer put in your molders with the mixture. Wait for 45 mins to cook.
- Remove the foil, get a saucer, serve, and enjoy!