Hello coffee lovers. Happy National Coffee Day. Well, we know every one of you is busy lining up to your favorite coffee shop to get your free coffee or grab a big discount.
Though it is the National Coffee Day where you can get free coffee, we like to take a spin for our coffee weekend treat and make something special to perk and booze you up with you and your friends while enjoying the day.
Open That Tequila Bottle and Let’s Make Tequila Infused Coffee!
Weekend Tequila Infused Coffee
This recipe is courtesy of Dan Jones’ new book Tequila: Shake, Muddle, and Stir.
- 1 split vanilla pod (bean)
- 20 oz. blanco tequila
- 3 1/2 oz. freshly ground coffee
- 3 1/2 oz. demerara simple syrup
- Demerara Simple Syrup
- 7 oz. water
- 3 1/2 oz. demerara, cane, or granulated (raw) sugar
- 1 tbsp. golden syrup or corn syrup (optional)
- Add a vanilla pod to your tequila and leave to infuse for 24–72 hours (check daily, as you want a gentle vanilla taste; if you leave it too long, it becomes too floral).
- When your vanilla infusion is ready, remove the vanilla pod, then add the ground coffee and give it a good shake. Place the tequila in the freezer for at least 72 hours.
- Strain through a coffee filter, then add a little of the simple syrup, to taste. Shake well.
Demerara Simple Syrup
- Boil the water in the saucepan and gently add the sugar. Turn down the heat and stir constantly with a wooden spoon for 3–5 minutes until all the sugar is dissolved, and the syrup is clear.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool. While still runny, pour into a sterilized mason jar or pour through a funnel into a sterilized glass bottle with stopper. Adding a spoonful of golden syrup to the cooled mixture will help keep it smooth. Store in the fridge for up to six weeks.
Enjoy this boozy caffeinated drink for a Saturday night or weekend after party this National Coffee Day.